Friday, December 5, 2008

Trigger shy

This school year has been hell. Absolute hell.

25 credit hours, 8 classes, asinine amounts of material. Life has been less fun than a weekend at Guantanamo. All of these things have culminated into this week from hell.

On Thursday I had 4 exams and had to write a 15 page paper. Today I had a quiz and another exam. I've gotten less than 4 hours of sleep over the last 2 days and had no choice but to over-night it at UB for the first time in my four year career.

My eyes are bloodshot. My thoughts are frantic and broken. I'm grungy and definitely need a power shower. And my being overwhelmed with my situation surely had a negative effect on how I performed on my exams. There is just no way you can adequately study for 5 exams over 2 days.

I pray that this week from hell hasn't damned my entire semester. I've tried so hard. If one exam was to kill my grade, I'd have wasted 4 months of hard work and heartache. So much build up for such a giant letdown.

This can't happen. Can it?

I have this academic gun to my temple and it's as if John B. Simpson is yelling at me to pull the trigger but I'm understandably reluctant to do so.

I guess all I can do is pray or the best. You can pray for me too. If I fly on the wings of the Lord, theres no way he'll let me down.

Let us fly. Into the sunset. And winter break.

1 Comments:

At December 5, 2008 at 12:08 PM , Blogger Karina Lopez said...

John, no worries the semester has finally come to an end. No more classes, exams (unless you're screwed with finals next week) and best of all no more Spectrum. While you're away from school be sure not to think about the future, just enjoy the present. Happy Holidays!
..from probably the best advertising manager..ever.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home