Friday, December 5, 2008

Oooh Derek

All good things must come to an end. The Sopranos. My sanity. Derek's long, illustrious ponytail.

Com 125. It's been a fun year. Dr. Derek has managed to infuse a dose of youth within his lectures, making class a lot more enjoyable and easy to participate in. What better environment to learn in than one where your voice is actually heard and you're enjoying yourself.

Lets look at the ups and downs.

The blogs were a fun and proactive way to learn. Everyone participated in class. Lectures were often fun and flew by. Aaron Moe, the lovable brown teddy bear in the front of the class was always there and brought a suave sexuality on a consistant basis. As if Derek wasn't reason enough to go to class...And we actually learned abut things relevant to our everyday lives now.

The downs. Sometimes lectures contained an overwhelming amount of material. Sometimes, and when I say sometimes I mean basically every class a certain girl who is on her high horse monopolized talk time. I'm sorry, but shut up. You're not Derek. Whenever I missed class, which was not often, there just so happened to be a "surprise, I gotcha John!" quiz.

And so we have today and our final. Let's hope Lackaff doesn't do us dirty and make an ungodly difficult examination. I'll miss this class. It's not often that I not only enjoy a class, but the professor as well.

Live free or die hard Derek. I wouldn't expect you to do it any other way.

And p.s. You're Samson. Keep the 'tail til the grave.

1 Comments:

At December 5, 2008 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Karina Lopez said...

I completely agree, the blogs were a great technique to use on lazy studnts. I have to admit I thought they were annoying, especially when I would forget about them until 30 minutes before class! Overall, Derek did a great job at some what amusing us about a not so fun topic. The hair helped too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home